If there is something that has been most discussed in the history of SNSD, it is nothing but the name SNSD itself.
소녀시대 . So Nyuh Shi Dae. Girls’ Generation.
It was a pretty funny name for a Korean girl group. At a time when all other idol groups are choosing English names left and right, they are stuck with a fairly old-fashioned title that is aptly translated as ‘Era of Maidens’. Some of them didn’t like the name at first; but as they grew on to be recognized under that title, they have come to love and understood the reason why they are given that name. That perhaps, they are destined to be named such.
If you would look at it closely, Girls’ Generation does represent this generation.
Taeyeon represents the determined dreamers. Those who fought their way through the storms. Those who almost gave up but didn’t give in. The courageous girls who had a dream and worked hard to achieve it; that even if the road towards that goal was full of obstacles, suffering, pain, and failure, still braved their way and made it through. Wounded maybe, but still whole and eager. They are those who are born to succeed.
Jessica for the misjudged ones. They are those with their pretty made-up faces, nice clothes, and few friends. The kind of girls who have this certain something we cannot name but the first thoughts we would have of them is that of envy. Sometimes, the envy is too powerful that it clouds our reason and we fail to see that beneath that cold facade, she is still a girl. A girl who gets hurt, a girl who cries, a girl who fights and that amid the hate and difficulties, still made it through with her spirit whole and shining.
Sunny, for the strong and independent spirits. Those who are often underestimated; most of the time, unnoticed; but always the hardest and most skilled workers. The girls who do not give a strong impression as much as others, but when the going gets tough, you see them lasting longer than the rest. They are the brave girls who put up a smile even if they know that they’re dying, the industrious students who worked their way through college and did so in flying colors, the girls who continue to live on despite the problems. They are those who proved people wrong, who exceeded expectations, who reached for the stars but kept their feet on the ground.
Tiffany, the strong believers. The girls who believed and will continue to do so no matter what people say. Those who put faith in their dreams, in their beliefs, in themselves. They are those who, somewhere along the way, got battered with pain and suffering but still continued to fight. They are the faithful and loyal ones who even when the world has lost faith in them, still didn’t lose faith in themselves. Honed by experience and grounded by faith, their strong determination oftentimes concealed by their gentle natures.
Hyoyeon for the fierce and head strong women. Those who pride themselves in being different. Those who prove that girls can do just whatever men can. And most of the times, they can do it better. They are the girls who have defied the limits granted by society to what women can do. Those who bank on their skills, reason, and hard work to empower themselves. Despite the strong aura, these girls also know how to mellow down. They know that being a woman is not just about being strong. It’s about being who you are and being proud of it every step of the way.
Yuri can be seen anywhere and everywhere. She represents majority of girls. They are the girls who think they are average, who oftentimes lose confidence with themselves. The girls who think that they could have been prettier, fairer, skinnier, and other what-not. But despite these little insecurities, they do not lose hope. They maintain a positive outlook and do not let their flaws eat up their fighting spirit. They are those who will continue to smile even if their hearts are breaking. Those who will continue to love despite the pain because they still have that hope that everything will fall into place. They are the girls who think that they are nothing special but the truth is, they shine. They are beautiful and they deserve every love and respect in the world.
Sooyoung will always be the face of the late bloomers. The weird ones. They are the loud, boyish, crazy, and hyper girls you once met in grade school. They will care less about the pounds if it means a whole platter of chocolate cake. They are those who won’t comb their hair unless you tell them to. Those who will not give a damn about what boys might think about them because they are contented with their circle of friends. They are the girls nobody ever cared about until everything changed. These weird girls grew up. And they grew up more beautifully than the rest. People usually think that it is time which changed them. But the truth is, they have always been like that. They have always been beautiful but they just chose not to. After all, if you can’t accept them at their worst, you don’t deserve them at their best.
Yoona, the imperfect perfect girls. They are those who are loved and respected by the people around them yet you still wonder why they have people who will always think negatively of them. These are girls not exceptional in any way except for the fact that they are flawless. They are not ugly, dumb, or cruel and the fact that there exists such person makes it unfathomable for a cynical few. Nevertheless, these girls are those who no matter how the world taints a bad image of, will always remain pure. They will always be themselves. One in a million.
Seohyun for the chosen few. In this world we live in wherein people are more comfortable of what is wrong than what is right, it is a breathe of fresh air to meet someone like Seohyun. They are the girls who might have never heard of kpop as they are busy writing their book-long essays in Metaphysics. Sometimes, they are those who mingle more with people older than them than those who are of their age. The principled ones who always exceed expectations. Those who do well in everything that they do. Those who sometimes prefer the pragmatic reality than the fickle and ever-changing dictate of the heart. Despite this, they do know how to have fun. They just know their limitations and they have really good sense of control. Girls like these are rare but they exist.
And as a whole, Girls’ Generation is what their names say they are. They represent the Girls and they represent the Generation. Different girls from different walks of life. But all of them, wonderful. :)
Face Reading: What Your Eyebrow Shape Means
- Eyebrows = your mental outlook or point of view
- Even if you pluck, or draw on them, they still reflect the mental outlook that feels right for you.
- Most eyebrows do not exactly match each other: In this case, the left eyebrow = personal life, while the right eyebrow = our external world.
- Directions: Choose the eyebrow(s) that most looks like your own and enjoy reading about yourself
- Advice: Be open-minded about this. If you think this is bull-, then you must’ve ignored the details of each eyebrow example. Give it another chance and look at other people’s eyebrow shapes besides your own, and see if they agree with their own explanation.
- Curved Eyebrows: Your mental focus is people-oriented. You connect & relate to the world best through your understanding of people. Sometimes you can understand an idea or theory better if it is explained to you in terms of a personal example or experience. It is best not to burden you with too much technical detail without showing you the real-world application (usefulness).
- Straight Eyebrows: Your approach is direct and factual, and you want the technical details. You appreciate logic, and you will need to be shown all the facts and available data before accepting something as true. You mentally evaluate the hard facts without letting emotion effect your judgement.
- Angled Eyebrows: If is important for you to stay mentally in control of any situation in which you find yourself. Gregarious and expansive, you may have good leadership qualities because few people will challenge your authority. You like to be right and usually are, having conscientiously “done your homework.” You stay mentally focused.
- High Eyebrows: You are discerning, selective, and discriminating. You need time to observe and work out ideas completely before acting. You protect yourself with a wait-and-see approach. You need time to put new information for you to understand how you feel about the subject and how the parts relate to the whole. You store information with an emotional tab; by recalling the feeling, you can often recall the event with surprising clarity. You detest being put on the spot to make a snap assessment or to make a decision about something new before you have had time to reflect on it and understand it.
- Low Eyebrows: You are expressive, quick to take action and you process information quickly. You want to get the job done and do it now. You may have a tendency to interrupt others when they seem too slow to speak because you can often anticipate what they are going to say before they have finished saying it. You are initially optimistic but may become antagonistic if criticized. Your challenge is to develop more patience with others who don’t have your gift of mental quickness.
- Bushy: You are a mentally active person, full of thoughts and ideas. Bushy eyebrows can indicate a powerful intellect. You are a non-stop thinker.
- Thin (like a pencil line): You are single-minded, focusing on one thing at a time. Your challenge is being overly sensitive to how you imagine others see you. You probably think they are more critical than they really are. You sometimes feel overly self-conscious.
- Winged (thick at beginning, becoming thinner at ends): You need to be on the planning committee! You love coming up with big, new ideas. Your visionary approach allows you to create exciting new plans, but your challenge is with follow-through. Delegate details to someone else to free yourself up to focus on your grand vision.
- Even (same thickness throughout length): Your thoughts flow smoothly, evenly and you easily grasp whole concepts. Your challenge is developing a tolerance for other people’s difficulty with detail. By your mental standards, the rest of the world may seem slow or even unable to fully comprehend ideas.
- Managerial (thin at beginning, thicker at outer edges): You may be slow to start something new, but once a task is accepted, you have great follow-through. Mentally tidy, well-organized, and methodical, you do well in any roles that requires attention to detail and completion. You dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s
- Continuous/Uni-brow: Your thoughts are continuous and restless. Your challenge is to learn to mentally rest and relax. If you have a problem, you may have trouble sleeping because you can’t stop thinking. Meditation helps.
- Tangled hairs (eyebrow hairs tangle): Your wild eyebrows signal that you are an unconventional thinker whose thoughts range over many areas, This gives you the ability to see all sides of an issue, and you may enjoy playing devil’s advocate to discover hidden truths. Your unusual mind may also attract unwanted conflict. If you’re getting more conflict than you want, try combing your eyebrows!
- Access hairs (hairs growing straight up at beginning): You have a strong connection between your inner feelings and your logical thinking. You have an ability to be aware of potential problems immediately. Access hairs on the right side indicate that you spot problems in business and the public area. On the left side, they indicate you anticipate (expect/predict) potential problems in relationships.
- Scattered hairs (single hairs outside of eyebrows): Your focus is wide ranging. You have a curious mind and are mentally drawn to many different topics. Each individual hair could almost be read as a separate mental interest. Your challenge is remaining focused on a single topic.
- Chameleon (nearly invisible eyebrows): Your eyebrows do not give you away. Others may think you are just like them, whether you are not. You can blend into almost any group and you may be a talented negotiator because you can extract more information than you reveal.
SOURCE: “Amazing Face Reading” By Mac Fuller, J.D.
In fact, your whole face can be analyzed. The eyes, the pupils, the nose, cheeks, chin, jaw, forehead, dimples, lips, teeth, ears, profile…etc have meaning. This is why not everyone looks exactly the same.
YES..I WAS PART OF THIS.
I’m not sure if I can even write a decent fan account of what had happened last January 19, 2013 because my brain’s still dysfunctional as of the moment. I can’t even fucking think straight & everything’s just so fucking beautiful right now..haha! But surely it’s worth every fucking centavo, endless queues, 3 years worth of spazzing over videos & pictures, no lunch & dinner, getting a job just so you could purchase a decent ticket~ Fuck this fandom..I love every second of it! TT^TT
I’ve come to realize that you can’t get what you want usually. You can’t just sit there waiting to be noticed. You can’t sit there expecting someone to love you, because the person who feels the same way just may be waiting & sitting like you are. You need to find each other.